Korean War Veterans Memorial Foundation
Hiring Announcement for Executive Assistant (EA) to the President
February 1, 2023
The Korean War Veterans Memorial Association (KWVMF), a nonprofit organization based in northern Virginia, is looking for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Executive Assistant to the President. The Foundation is responsible for the care of the Korean War Veterans Memorial in Washington, DC, which honors Korean War Veterans and their Families (https://koreanwarvetsmemorial.org/). The Executive Assistant will work directly for the Foundation’s President and support other senior leaders. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks. This position offers two days of remote work flexibility, Monday-Friday, but there will be times when workload will require work in the office for the whole week. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, meaningful organization with competitive compensation and benefits.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Support KWVMF President executives with administrative support.
- Manage tasks and deadlines to ensure leaders know important tasks and meet deadlines; provide reminders and follow-up.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, drafting letters, and working with donors, partners, and supporters.
- Coordinate and support the Foundation’s events in the Washington, DC area that take place outside of the workplace, such as events at the Korean War Veterans Memorial, fund-raising events, banquets, and professional conference events.
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Prepare internal and external organizational documents.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Attend board meetings and prepare executive summaries and minutes.
- Coordinate with external vendors (lawyers, accountants, event support, etc.).
- Implement processes and policies for efficiency, quality control, and compliance.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Take on special projects.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior leaders.
- Have a support mindset. Understand the work expectations of the Foundation’s executives and be committed to making their work more effective.
- Resourcefulness and adaptability. Find creative solutions; find information and solutions with little direction; and adapt to changing priorities.
- High work standards. Have good attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Excellent communication. Have clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Initiative and motivation. Be a self-starter; highly responsive with excellent follow-through and follow-up; and work independently.
- Planning and deadline driven. Plan strategically, prioritize, and organize tasks to achieve objectives.
- Team-minded. Be friendly, professional, and respectful in working with outside organizations.
- Strong technology competency: MS Suite, virtual meeting/conference software, etc.
- Have your own reliable computer with web camera and antivirus software, high-speed wireless internet, and smart phone.
Preferred Skills and Experiences.
- Interest in Korean War Veterans and their Families.
- Accounting skills would be great.
- Work experience with non-profit organizations.
- Worked or lived in South Korea is desirable but not required.
- A bachelor’s degree is great but not required if you do amazing work.
- Korean speaker is a plus.
- Department of Defense or Military spouses are encouraged to apply.
- Core business hours, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday, but there is some flexibility with the work hours.
- Must be available to work at the Foundation’s events at the Korean War Veterans Memorial on Memorial Day, June 25, July 27, and Veterans Day.
- Be available to support the Foundation’s other events and meetings in the Washington, DC area that take place outside of the workplace, such as events at the Korean War Veterans Memorial, fund-raising events, banquets, and professional conference events.
- Must reside in the Washington, DC metro area – there is no relocation expense.
- The total compensation is $65,000.
- Fifteen vacation days.
- The Foundation observes all U.S. federal holidays, except for Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
- No overtime; compensation time as needed.
We welcome your resumes and cover letters by 4:00 p.m. EST on February 14 at: EAhire@kwvmf.org.
The employer does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin, or veteran status.
Hiring Announcement_KWVMF Executive Assistant_Feb 2023