October 2021 Onsite Progress
- PoR PLAZA: WoR concrete slab: rebar and vapor barrier completed in early October form work is on going and all walls are scheduled to be completed by Thanksgiving. Mortar set paver installation completed on 10/26 and grouting is scheduled to be completed in early November. Lightweight fill install started in segment 3 on 10/1, with a completion date for all segments to be in early November. Linden Tree install and anchoring started on 10/27 and all trees were planted by 10/28. Upcoming activities for November include irrigation drip line for the Linden trees, sand set paver install, WoR concrete pours, granite bench install, steel angle and support at the tree pits and for WoR panels, and trench drain install.
- POOL of REMEMBRANCE: The lighting mock-up for the pool was completed on 10/26. Upcoming activities include waterproofing of the slab, rebar, concrete topping slab, resetting of the pavers, and grout installation to complete the activity.
- MURAL WALL: The stone sets on the South side of the Mural Wall will be re-installed in late December.
- SITE WORK (outside PoR Plaza): Existing grade was cut out for the lightweight fill install that began on 10/4 forsegments 3 and 1, segment 2 cut out of grade is scheduled to be completed in December due to logistical access. The upcoming activities in November will be to construct the bio-retention pond on the SW side of the site and additional underground drainage will be connected to existing storm lines.
- FIELD OF SERVICE: The cleaning, paver removal/re-installation, and lighting fixture install began on 10/11 for the South pathway along the Mural Wall. The South pathway caulking is scheduled to be completed in early November, which will then kick off pathway activities for the North pathway along the UN Curb. Planting of the junipers within the FoS started on 10/20 and was completed on 10/28. Drip line tubing for the FoS was installed and completed on 10/22. The upcoming activities for the FoS include cleaning and caulking of the North and West paver pathways, gravel mulch for the FoS, and light install adjacent to the Statues.